Representative example: Borrowing £10,000 over 60 months will cost £229.33. Total amount repayable is £13,759.80 which includes interest at 14.2% APR. The figures given above are for illustrative purposes only. The actual interest rates and repayment amounts may vary subject to loan amount and status.
- Secure a loan for between £5,500 and £10,000
- Representative APR 14.2%
- Fast-track decision
The money could be in your account the next working day
The Exclusive CLEVR Money Payroll Partner Loan is available for workers whose employer is signed up to our payroll savings scheme.
People working for one of these CLEVR Money Payroll Partner organisations can benefit from a loan of between £5,500 and £10,000 with a representative APR of 14.2%
Our interest rates are capped by the government at a fair and affordable level and we work directly with customers to ensure the loan is right for them.
Borrowers who are already a member of the credit union and saving via the monthly payroll deduction scheme will be given priority access to our loans team and could see the money transferred into their account within one working day.
Employees of Payroll Partner organisations who are not yet saving with the credit union will have their membership fast-tracked to ensure their loan can be paid out as quickly as possible.
Loans can be used for any number of purchases, from home improvements and car repairs to holidays and weddings. Many of our Payroll Partner members also take out credit union loans to pay off other debts with higher interest rates, such as credit cards, store cards and Payday loans where the typical APR can be up to 1,500%
CLEVR Money is an ethical, responsible lender which exists to help its members improve their financial well-being.
Whatever you need to borrow money for, here at CLEVR Money we'll do our best to help.
Here's how it works...
- Complete the online application for the exclusive Payroll Partner Loan.
- Upload your latest 1 months pay slip and connect your accounts via our secure open banking partner.
- Once you have submitted all of the required information, your application will be fast-tracked to our lending team for review. They will perform a few checks, including a credit search and verifying your income and expenditure details.
- If approved, we'll email your loan agreement to you.
- If you are a new to the Payroll Partner scheme, we will liaise with your payroll department to set up your payroll deduction.
You can choose how much you save directly from your salary each payday.
This will cover both your loan repayments and pay into your CLEVR Money savings account.
How does the payroll deduction work?
- We contact your payroll department to arrange for a set amount to be deducted from your salary each payday. This agreed amount will cover the loan instalment plus your agreed savings amount.
- The funds are paid by your payroll department to CLEVR Money and credited to your savings account.
- Then, on the agreed loan repayment date, the loan repayment is simply paid from your CLEVR Money savings account automatically.
- The excess funds remain in your savings account and can be accessed whenever you wish (all members must maintain a minimum savings account balance of £5. If you have a loan, this figure is £5 plus one loan repayment)
- If you have a Christmas Saver or Second Saver account, we can split the savings between these accounts on your request.
As with every loan from CLEVR Money, we make sure you understand exactly how much you’ll be paying back every month and what the total interest charge will be.
We charge fair interest rates and work with you to set up a payment plan which we know you can afford.
We work in a completely transparent manner, meaning you can be certain that there are no hidden fees, no set-up charges and no penalties if you’re able to pay the loan back ahead of schedule.
If you want to have a chat about our loans before applying, give our friendly lending team a call on 01253 478390.