Already have a loan with CLEVR Money? Did you know that you may be able to top up your existing loan or take out an additional loan?
We realise that our members financial needs are ever changing and the need for further finance can occur. That is why we can offer affordable top up loans and additional loans for members that currently have a loan with us.
What does it mean?
Top up loans
Topping up your loan works by consolidating your existing loan with a new one. The new loan will cover the existing balance plus the additional money that you want to borrow.
For example, if you borrowed £1,000 and owe £500 and want to 'top up' back to £1,000 then you would open a new loan for £1,000 pay back the old loan and you would receive the remaining amount of £500
Taking out an additional loan is simply adding a new loan to your account. This does not affect any existing loans that you have with us.
The new loan would have its own loan term, repayment date and APR.
With every loan from CLEVR Money we make sure you understand exactly how much you’ll be paying back every month and what the total interest charge will be.
How much you may be able to borrow
Borrowing £1,500.00 over 20 months will cost £100.84/month. Total amount repayable is £2,016.80 which includes interest at 42.6% APR.
The figures given above are for illustrative purposes only. The actual interest rates and repayment amounts may vary subject to loan amount and status.
In order to apply for further finance you must:
- Already have a loan with CLEVR Money
- Be able to afford to borrow additional money
You must not:
- Have arrears on a credit union loan
- The Lender will lend and the Borrower acknowledges that they have received, the sum borrowed under this agreement. The Borrower will repay the Loan (i.e. the Total amount Owing) by the repayments set out in the loan details above.
- Interest will be charged daily on the unpaid balance of the Loan and any unpaid interest at the rate set out in the Loan details above.
- The Borrower has the right to settle the Agreement early at any time by paying in full the balance of the Loan and any unpaid interest outstanding. The Lender will, on request, provide the Borrower with a written statement of the sums which have been paid and which remain outstanding under the agreement.
- The Borrower acknowledges that the details given on the Loan Application for this agreement are complete and correct and will inform the Lender immediately of any change in financial circumstances that may reduce their ability to repay the Loan, or of any change in their address.
- If the Borrower fails to pay any amount due to the Lender under this agreement, or breaches any of its terms, the Lender has the right to demand early repayment of all or part of the balance of the Loan outstanding, together with any unpaid interest and any additional costs of collection including court fees and administration fees. The Lender will give the Borrower written notice not less than seven days before taking any action to recover any such sum.
- The Borrower acknowledges that, if any loan payments are not paid, or are not paid at the agreed date, this may result in the Total Amount Payable under the Agreement being greater than the sum set out in the Loan details.
- The Borrower will be liable for any costs the Lender incurs in recovering sums due under the Agreement
- If a ‘Borrower and ‘Joint Borrower’ (or ‘Guarantor’) are named on the agreement, the liability of each shall be Joint and several.
- The Borrower agrees to assign to the Lender all paid shares, and payments on account of shares, which the Borrower has or may have in future in the credit union, as security for payment of the Loan and for interest or expenses which may become due and the Borrower authorises the credit union to set off or apply any or all such shares towards payment of the Loan, interest or expenses owed by the Borrower.
- While the borrower is in the employment of a Credit Union Payroll partner employer, The Borrower authorises BFWCU to contact their employer to take payments by payroll deductions (if applicable) in accordance with this agreement and that while an outstanding balance exists such deductions may not be reduced during the term of the loan without the agreement of the Credit Union.
- Shares to the value of one month’s loan payment are attached during the course of the loan agreement. Withdrawals may not be made of any amount that would reduce the share balance below the level of one month’s loan repayment plus £5 minimum account balance.