Join the many UK employers already offering staff a payroll deduction savings and loans scheme
Employees that enrol onto the Payroll Deduction Scheme will automatically become a member of the co-operative, and their savings can be withdrawn upon demand. Any member can then apply for low cost and flexible loans. All services are managed directly by the credit union and we accept full liability for the operation of the scheme.
- Promote responsible saving and affordable credit amongst staff
- Reduce absenteeism, sickness and staff turnover
- Increase your corporate social responsibility
- Members’ savings are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Our ethics, values and principles
- The primary objective of the credit union is to promote sound financial management by encouraging responsible savings and giving access to affordable low-cost credit.
- Our Loans require that members begin saving alongside their loan repayments, so as the loan is paid off, the member accumulates savings. Over time members can build up savings and end the cycle of borrowing.
- The credit union also offers a range of information and support for members in financial difficulties or with a poor credit history.
What we can offer
- Savings payments deducted directly from your salary
- Christmas Saver accounts
- Low cost loans, no set up fee, no early repayment penalty, and repayment periods to suit the employee.
Who is responsible for the scheme
- Once you become a Payroll Partner, all enquiries, payroll changes and savings withdrawal requests are made through the credit union office, and a clear distinction is made between the employer and the Credit Union savings scheme.
- CLEVR Money takes all responsibility for the operation of the scheme, with the employer just facilitating monthly deductions from salary and promoting the scheme to employees. All contacts and queries are dealt with by CLEVR Money, making it administratively simple for employers.
- Blackpool Council
- Fylde Borough Council
- Preston City Council
- Wyre Borough Council
- Aspire Academy
- Baines Endowed C Of E Primary School
- Blackpool & Fylde College
- Christ The King Catholic Academy
- Hawes Side Academy
- Highfield Leadership Academy
- Marton Primary Academy and Nursery
- Roseacre Primary Academy
- South Shore Academy
- St Cuthberts R C Primary School
- St Georges School
- St Marys Catholic Academy
- Thames Primary Academy
- Unity Academy Blackpool
- Westcliff Primary School
- Bidfresh Head Office
- Bidfresh Ltd
- Campbell Brothers
- Daily Fish
- Direct Seafoods Colchester
- Direct Seafoods London
- Henson Foods
- Kingfisher Brixham
- Kingfisher Midlands
- Knight Meats
- Oliver Kay
- R Noone & Son
- Southbank Fresh Fish
- Taylor Foods
- Williams of Flint
- Atlas BFW Management
- Blackpool CCG
- GP Led Health Care
- Lancashire Care
- Lancashire CSU
- PDS Medical
- Spiral Health
- Victoria Hospital Trust
- Blackpool Coastal Housing
- Blackpool Housing Company
- Great Places Housing Group
- Preston Community Gateway
- Progress Housing Association
- Progress Housing Group
- Regenda Group
- Hexagon Care
- N Vision
- One Fylde
- Slater Gordon Solutions
- YMCA Fylde Coast
What is the process of becoming a partner?
If you would like to become a payroll partner with CLEVR Money, please contact us via phone or email to discuss your company and the application process in detail.
Does it cost the employer anything?
No. CLEVR Money provides this service to your business without charge.
Does it cost our employees anything?
Apart from interest on any loans, there are no other compulsory fees or charges for an active credit union savings/loans account.
Is it a lot of work for our payroll staff?
All enquiries of any kind at all are dealt with by CLEVR Money. The employer need not be involved in anything but a single monthly exchange of data and BACS funds transfer.
Can members access their account online?
Yes, members can register for online access at our website www.clevr.money
People can check balances, request withdrawals and apply for loans online. We also provide telephone, email access and have a well located accessible office for personal enquiries.
Is the money safe?
Savings are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, currently up to £85,000 per person.
What rate of interest do you charge on your ‘personal loans’?
Our interest rates are regularly reviewed to ensure we can offer rates competitive not only with payday and doorstep lenders, but rates that can beat the high street banks.
How much interest do you pay on savings?
We pay a dividend rather than a fixed rate of interest. This is paid annually and historically our dividend has beaten high street rates of return on instant access savings accounts.
Do members have to give notice to withdraw money?
No. We can transfer savings to the member’s bank account by BACS. BACS to a member’s bank account takes 2-3 working days.
How do people pay into the savings accounts?
Many employers allow staff to save directly from salary. Members can also pay by standing order, by direct debit or by benefit. The minimum savings amount is £10 per month, unless the member has a loan.
How much can a member borrow?
We currently offer loans of up to £15,000 but all loans are considered based on affordability. The loan sum may be greater if the applicant has already saved with us or has borrowed from us previously.
When can someone borrow?
Members can apply to borrow at any time but larger sums may only be available to those whose employers are in our payroll deduction scheme.
Do you use credit reference agencies?
We use a Credit Reference Agency to confirm ID and address. We carry out a credit check on all loan applications however we are often able to assist those who may be refused by, or offered a higher rate by the high street banks.
Employers looking to provide Credit Union services to their staff as a free of charge benefit should email CLEVR Money on email@example.com to discuss becoming a payroll partner.